A lot of people are wondering, “how to make money on Fiverr”, “how to post a job on Fiverr”, “how to be successful on Fiverr” and others.
The answer is to move on and start making quality gigs.
Fiverr is one of the most popular freelance platforms – one of the best places to make money online.
This freelance platform based in Israel is perfect for “monetizing” your skills, finding clients and making money online.
But before that, you should know how to create a gig on Fiverr.
In this guide you’ll learn how to create a gig on Fiverr that sells, how to create a great gig description, how to determine the right price for your gig and more.
What is Gig Fiverr?
Gig is a term to describe the “service you sell” on Fiverr. On Fiverr, you’re bound to be dealing with clients or buyers you didn’t know at all before.
Well, the only way they can find you, find your services, is through the gig you put up.
That’s why it’s so important that you create high-quality gigs on Fiverr, because the quality of your gigs will reflect the quality of service and work you offer on Fiverr.
There are tons of selling ideas on Fiverr or gigs that you can offer, such as:
- Write content: blog posts, copywriting, articles, email writing.
- Design: logos, t-shirt designs, mock ups, vectors.
- Video and audio: voiceover, video editing services, video subtitle services.
- Translation: language translation services and the more you have language skills it will be a unique value.
- Website: website creation, website management, web development.
How to Make a Gig on Fiverr
Creating a quality gig on Fiverr is a crucial step – and a must. Let’s learn how to post a job and start a freelance career on Fiverr:
- Login to your Fiverr account, then click “Gigs”
- Create your gig with “Create A New Gig”
- You will be directed to your Gigs, after that click the green “Create A New Gig” button on the right.
- Fill in the details of the gig and the services you offer
You will find a page with many columns as below.
- Gig Title: the title of the gig or service you offer.
- SEO Title: SEO title for the gig or service you offer Category: your gig field, while next to it is a sub-category (more specific than category)
- Search Tags: keywords that buyers usually type when looking for a gig.
For example, a buyer looking for English-Chinese translation services will type in the keyword “english to mandarin”. You should take advantage of this to make your gigs easy to find on Fiverr’s search engines.
All of these are very important, so it is very important that you create the Gig Title, Search Tags correctly.
Why? How to post a job will affect the ranking of your gig on the Fiverr search engine.
Fill in all the fields, don’t miss anything, after that click “Save & Continue“.
Determine the Price for Your Gig
This column is usually different in each category, the example below is the “pricing” column for my content writing gig.
- Names of the Packages: You can “name” your Gig packages. Use an eye-catching, unique and relevant name for your gig.
For example, your gig is about Logo, then name “Package Basic” as “Basic Logo”, “Standard Basic” as “Amazing Logo”, and so on.
- Description of the Packages: write a short description for each Packages in your Gig. Fiverr only allows about 10-15 words for the description of each Package.
- Delivery Time: how long do you need to work on the Package? Make sure you enter a realistic time, don’t enter a “delivery time” of 1 day for projects that take a week to complete.
- Revisions: the number of times a buyer can request revisions from you. Many sellers on Fiverr offer “Unlimited Revisions”. Adjust it with the services offered because it is risky if the buyer asks for continuous revision.
- Price: You can set the price of your Gig package between a minimum of $5 and a maximum of $995. The price of the “Basic Package” must be cheaper than the “Standard Package” or “Premium Package”.
- My Gig Extras: gig extras are additional options you can offer your clients for an additional fee. For example, if they want a job to be completed in 1 day, whereas in your description it takes 3 days, then they can offer a Gig Extra, namely “Extra fast delivery” at a higher cost.
Once you have finished pricing your gig, creating a description for your gig, and more, click “Save & Continue”.
Write Your Gig Fiverr Description and FAQ
Descriptions are a very important part of your Fiverr gig. A gig with a good description will attract buyers to use your services.
Things that make a great gig description:
- Simple language, but clearly describes the services you offer
- There is a Call to Action (CTA). A CTA is a persuasive call to action for buyers to use your services.
- Using bullet points. You can describe the services you offer using “bullet points”. This makes it easier for shoppers to read your gig description compared to a long description.
In addition to the description, you can also add a FAQ. What’s the goal?
In this FAQ you can add frequently asked questions by clients about your services – and the answers.
Just imagine if you were a buyer, what would you ask the seller?
Enter important and relevant information for your services in the FAQ column. If you finished writing the description and FAQ, click “Save & Continue”.
Writing Gig Requirements
If you have requirements or more detailed information from the buyer, you can ask the buyer to fill it in the “Gig Requirements” column.
You have 3 options:
- Free text: so the buyer can type anything (in sentences).
- Multiple answers: so you give several questions about the order to the buyer and the buyer only needs to answer the question.
- Attached file: if you need a specific document or file, you can select this feature so that the buyer attaches the document/file to this Requirements column.
You can add 1 or more Gig requirements fields, depending on your needs. When finished writing the Gig Requirements, click “Save & Continue”.
Upload your Gig image or Thumbnail
What is the function of this thumbnail? When your gig appears in the Fiverr search engine (as below), what appears is a thumbnail and title of your gig.
So your gig thumbnail is very important because it describes the quality of the gig you offer.
Don’t be careless, make sure your gig thumbnail has a good design, has information or visuals that are relevant to the services you offer.
For example, if your gig is about “e-Sports Logo” then include a sample logo you have worked on.
Or if you offer a company logo creation service, make sure that the thumbnail has an example of a professional logo you’ve worked on.
Make sure that the visuals or content in your thumbnails are your own, because your Fiverr gig can reject them later.
Don’t even try to steal other people’s thumbnails or designs, you’ll get caught.
Not only images, but you can also upload video, audio or multiple PDF files.
You can use the video, audio or PDF to describe your services to buyers in a more attractive way.
Publish Gig and Start Making Money
Finally arrived at the last step, click “Publish Gig“. Before that, first make sure that everything is good.
But don’t worry, you can still edit your gig later. Maybe some of you can’t “Publish Gig” right away.
If you can’t publish the gig, it means you haven’t taken the Fiverr test or exam.
What is mandatory is usually a test of your English skills and also your gig category.
Usually, some of these gig categories require sellers to test their skills first before they can publish a gig.
How to post a job on Fiverr and make a gig isn’t difficult, what’s difficult is to make a quality gig and “sell” it on Fiverr.
You have to pay attention to many aspects so that your gig is quality, easy to appear on Fiverr search engines, attracts buyers and so on.
Hopefully the guide above can help you to create a great gig and start your freelance career.